Thursday, November 6, 2008

Syed Fasihuddin Soharwardy - Biography Overview

Mohotaram Syed Fashih Ud din Soharwardi is a world renowned Naat Khwan. He is not only admired in Pakistan but anywhere in the world where Muslims live. Having recited more than 5000 Naats and almost 160 cassettes, CDs and DVDs, he is one of the most listened and liked Naat Khwans of the world. He has traveled to more than 17 countries and has captivated the people with his charismatic God gifted voice. The spiritual height of pleasure he experiences while performing Naat, the audience can’t remain affected as well. This is the reason why people in large number attend Naat programs wherever he is performing.

Personality, Education & brought up
I was born on June 15, 1957 in Karachi. I did my Matriculation from Govt. Secondary School Jail road, BA from Islamia College, LLB from Urdu Law College and then acquired private MA in journalism. I participated in various Inter collegiate Naat programs and also on TV. I made first appearance on TV in “Nelaam Ghar” program on PTV. I had developed an intense interest in Naat Khwani that I couldn’t excel further in journalism field.

Naat Profile
According to an estimate more than 5000 Naat’s I’ve recited so far and 160 volumes have been released. 59 In Pakistan, 62 In England, 35 in Mauritius and some were released in Holland, Canada, America and Norway. So around 160 volumes have been released so far around the world. The most popular Naat of mine is from my first volume released in Pakistan that is, “Hum faqeeron ko Madeenay ki gaali achi lagi”. My personal favorite Naat is ‘Aey Ishq-e-Nabi meray dil mai bhi sama ja”. Whenever I recite this Naat I feel utmost spiritual pleasure.
My Naats are available in 4 languages of Urdu, Punjabi, Persian and Arabic I have also experienced a little in Saraiki language.

Naat Khwani and Qirat
I have traveled to 17 countries around the world. Despites, In Africa where Pakistanis are meager in population, people come to listen to Naats instead of going to listen to speeches. In America, Canada and Europe Naat Khwani is getting popular amongst Muslims and even non-Muslims. While reciting Naat you have to present Naat without any musical instrument, it is only your voice that attracts people. This is also a reason why people attend Naat programs in foreign countries. In Mauritius, Hindus came to listen to my Naats and in Canada Sikhs specially invited me to listen to Hazrat Sultan Baho’s Kalam. Many people have actually converted to Islam after listening to Naats and Qirats.

Naat Narration as a Profession
I have dedicated myself to Naat Khwani 24 hours a day and I surely get something that is why I am still associated with it. I can easily earn reasonable bread & butter for my family. But I never demand from anyone; whatever they give I keep. If anyone wants to adopt Naat Khwani, my suggestion for him would be that don’t demand yourself, Allah will keep bestowing on you due to the blessing of Naat Khwani. The blessings of Naat Khwani are too much that you don’t need to worry about anything, just fully devote yourself to Naat Khwani by heart & soul.

Naat Types
There are two kinds of Naats. One is about paying compliments to the personality of Hazrat Muhammad (Sallallaho Alaihi wasallam) and other one is about some requests to Hazrat Muhammad (Sallallaho Alaihi wasallam).

Achievements
Plenty of awards I have gotten so far from all over the world. From PTV, I have recently been awarded with National PTV Award. Lately Canadian Parliament presented me a certificate of best Naat Khwani. Canadian Islamic Foundation also presented me the award of “Ittehad-e-Ban Ul Muslemeen” and loads of other laurels and awards have been given to me in South Africa, USA, Mauritius and England etc. Alhamdulillah.

Who is good Naat Khawan
The fore-most thing is the heart connection of Naat Khwan with Hazrat Muhammad (Sallallaho Alaihi wasallam). I have listened to many Naat Khwans who have beautiful voices but they were unable to leave the impression on heart. First of all Naat Khwan must be a good Muslim, should follow Islam as Hazrat Muhammad (Sallallaho Alaihi wasallam) has explained then he can leave an impact on the hearts of audience.

Interesting Incident
Once I was getting recorded a Naat written by Saba Akbar Abadi at PTV. We kept recording this 5-minute Naat for 2 hours to get the finished Naat. When I was getting recorded for the last time a fly entered into my mouth. I was tired too much of recording that I ate that fly and finished the recording (laughingly). This Naat also became popular and kept running on PTV for long.

Future Plans
I am going to UK for recording very soon then I’ll leave for Mauritius for the same. Some Naat programs are also arranged there. Recently I have gotten recorded a 3-hour DVD in Canada in which not only Naats but my interview, Azan, procedure of prayers and lots of other things about religion are also included in the DVD.

Pakistani audience and foreign audience
Wherever I go in the world mostly Pakistani community comes to listen to me. In Canada there’s a Victoria Island where I was invited lately. There were Pakistanis as well as Arabic nationals. So I recited Naat in Arabic also. Sometimes I also have to perform Naats in Persian if the audience only understands Persian language.

No comments: