Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Junaid Jamshed - Biography Overview

Name: Junaid Jamshed
Date Of Birth: September 3, 1964.
Birth Place: Karachi, Pakistan.
Star: Virgo.
Nick Name : J.J.
Height: 6’1.
Weight: 175 lbs.
Eye Color: Green.
Hair Color: Brown.

Childhood: Very routine. My father was in the armed forces and we had
to get up, leave for school, go for games, all at a certain time.

History: During my Fsc, holidays, before going on to university, my
mother was going off to London and I asked her for a guitar. I was 19
years old then. I got my guitar, and my brother sang, as I played it.
When he went away to college, I had nobody to sing for my guitar
playing, so I sang myself. In 1984, I came across 4,5 people who were
all guitarists and one keyboardist. We pulled lots to see who would
sing and my name came up. Then, the Knights took me in as a second
vocalist, because I knew the keyboardist, Asif Ali. We did songs by
Reo Speedwagon, Eagles, Wham. People did not know my name, and I was
known all over Islamabad as the Careless Whispers guy.

Family Introduction:
Parents: Father, Jamshed Akbar Khan. Mother, Nafeesa.
Siblings: Brothers, Humayun and Omar. Sister, Muneeza.
Wife: Aisha.
Children: 2 sons, Taimur and Babar.

Former Bands: Knights, Nuts and Bolts, Going Astray.
School Memories: I was a good student, and a good sportsman, all my
life in school. My father was a very good sportsman, a very fit person
and I wanted to emulate him.

Former Jobs: I worked as a consultant in an engineering firm, right
after completing my B.E.

First Musical Instrument: A Spanish guitar.

Description: I lose patience very easily, but I am very practical.
I forget things very easily. Sometimes I commit things without actually
thinking whether I would be able to fulfill them. I’m very gullible.
FAVORITE MUSIC: These days, I like the new rave music out there, the
90s’ music. In fact, I like it more than the music in the 80s’ and
70’s. I like Seal, Cranberries, Sting, his new sound, Enya. I like
Black Sabbath. I love Tony Iommi’s guitar playing. I like Deep Purple,
BeeGees, Bread, Steele Dan, Super Tramp, Toto, Alan Parson, Pink Floyd,
Inxs. I’ve never liked U2, and I hate Air Supply.

Pasttimes: Watching sports.
Inspirations: The people I come across. Just about every performer does.
People have to tell us whether they want to listen to us or not. They
play a major role. In my initial days, Alamgir, Mohammed Ali Shehki.
Nazia and Zoheb, Mohammed Rafi.

Passion : Sports.
Fantasy: I wanted to be a secret agent, like the CIA.

My Last Words:
He is the best naatkhawan. He has left his music career for the happiness of ALLAH. I also pray to ALLAH for the right path in my life.

No comments: